2015年2月11日 星期三

【#AssistOn ®學員Victor分享】 加拿大多倫多ELT (English Lab Toronto) 精實的英語訓練



- 學員Victor 的經驗分享 -
 加拿大多倫多ELT (English Lab Toronto) 



 I registered ELT course last year!!! "Why", lots friends asked "you have studied in a language school and worked at a bakery for two years, it is not necessary to take those kinds of ESL classes again." However, I heard that ELT is not a traditional language school, it offers specific and intensive courses for improving speaking and listening. I strongly believe that ELT will bring me to the next level of English for my Canadian college life in coming 2 years.





The first impression of ELT was that school staff were very welcomed and atmosphere was extremely joyful. When I walked through the entrance and stepped up to the lobby of ELT, lots staff members gave me shinny smiles and warm greetings. It made me felt like that I was participating into a big family, not a school with invisible fences to force me to stick here. I quickly went through the booklet of ELT then had a long conversation with the counselor, Gloria. Indeed, she was unbelievable patient listening and finding out my weakness and lack, at the end of consultations, she came out advices for me to assist and overcome my struggling situation now and future. I was grateful to ELT which employs such a great personnel to perceive the student's concern.



According the consultation, I enrolled to Leadership which is the most challenging course at ELT. It focused on Academic reading and writing in the morning. Moreover, MCC (1:1) was still going on in the afternoon. Based on course outline, we were expected to convey our opinions in our way via in-class discussions and activities so that debates and presentations were inevitable on the weekly schedule. Most of students are afraid of public speaking. Honestly, I am one of them.  Neal, who is my teacher, was aware of students' worries so he constantly encouraged us to be brave. I still remember he told me "when speaking, don't worry about accent and grammatical error. Just say what you want to say, even English speakers don't have prefect English." His words is significant helpful for me studying in college right now. Also, in the course, another difficulty for me was daily writing assignments.


The only way to enhance writing skills is to keep practicing. Basically, Leadership course is designed for advanced students, for the reason, students must meet higher standard than others. We were asked to perform daily writing as much as possible. In addition, MCC teachers, especially Aaron and Will, passionately help us to practice brainstorming and correct our grammatical mistakes on writing assignment. Further, the final revision of 8 page-essay was viewed by teachers more than 10 times. I was thinking that I wasn't able to finish the 8-page assay. Eventually, I did it even though I was seriously suffering from it.


"No pain No gain", success never comes true immediately, it must be accumulated by continuous efforts. I have never regretted I choose ELT. It give a new perspective for learning English. Even if ELT may be a little bit stressful, it is really worthy. I understand there are still enormous students struggling for English, but trust me you will efficiently benefit from studying at ELT.



Sincerely,

ChenChi Liu (Victor)




沒有留言:

張貼留言